- 1 Full Guide to Betting Sites
- 2 Top-Rated Sportsbook Platforms
- 3 Our Approach to Evaluating and Observing Betting Sites’ Efficiency
- 3.1 Ensuring Safety on Sportsbook Platforms
- 3.2 Authorized Sports Betting Websites
- 3.3 Dependability
- 3.4 Betting Odds
- 3.5 Available Markets
- 3.6 Methods of Deposits & Withdrawals
- 3.7 Offers, Deals, and Complimentary Bets
- 3.8 Superior Mobile Betting Sites and Applications
- 3.9 Unique Features
- 3.10 Client Service
- 3.11 Online Live Betting & Streaming Alternatives
- 3.12 Advance Payout Options
- 3.13 Website Quality Assessment
- 4 Identifying the Ideal Sports Betting Platform for Your Needs
- 5 FAQ
Full Guide to Betting Sites
The sports betting industry has experienced substantial growth in recent years. Numerous new sites have appeared, creating fierce competition among the brands. As a result, it’s getting harder and harder to recognize a trustworthy bookmaker with an excellent sportsbook and top security. Fortunately, this guide will introduce you to the best platforms for betting on your favorite sports and show you how to evaluate the efficiency of modern bookmakers.
Top-Rated Sportsbook Platforms
Before we dive into the betting journey, let’s have a look at the top-rated sportsbooks that are perfect for novice users who lack experience in the field. In fact, all the sportsbooks are thoroughly tested, offer all the licenses from local authorities, have the latest security measures, a number of convenient payment methods with fast transactions, low fees, and wide payment limits, and other features of today’s top bookmakers.
Leading Sportsbooks for Novice Users
Novice users are a special category of users who have probably played on other platforms and have experience in betting or just want to start the journey for the first time. The only necessary aspect to become a novice user is not to have a registered account. Therefore, if you have never registered within the platform, you can claim welcome bonuses and get first deposit match bonuses. That’s why we’ve listed bookmakers that are very welcoming to new customers.
Our Approach to Evaluating and Observing Betting Sites’ Efficiency
Choosing the sportsbook among the provided options is a great option. However, it’s always better to know the rules and criteria that professional bettors and reviewers take into account when evaluating and observing betting sites. Below you can study the most crucial parameters that ensure a safe, secure, and enjoyable betting experience.
Ensuring Safety on Sportsbook Platforms
No one wants to feel unsafe and risk losing money. That’s why security always comes first. Modern bookmakers are required to obtain the legal documents that give permission to operate and provide betting services. Once the bookmaker is licensed, it must follow the requirements of the Betting Commission to ensure the highest level of safety for users. One of the conditions is to use only legal software, incorporate the latest website protocols, and offer round-the-clock customer support. So, don’t hesitate to check the bookmakers’ security measures if you don’t want to lose your money and give your personal information to third parties.
Authorized Sports Betting Websites
In addition to the license and safety certificates, the company must be legally registered, and all information must be transparent. You should be able to find out about the owner, all ambassadors, and heads. If such information about the bookmaker is hidden, it’s not recommended to register with it.
The trustworthiness of a bookmaker is a combination of security measures, registration, licensing, and player feedback. We’ve already decided that bookmakers without a license and transparent registration details are not reliable. But it’s also crucial to check the comments of real users and participants of the bookmaker of your choice. Read about registration, deposits, and withdrawals. Also, try to find the information about payouts, odds, and how well the customer support responds.
Above-average odds are a sign that the bookmaker cares about its reputation. In general, you can compare the odds on the same event and match in different sportsbooks and check which one is best for you. However, high odds do not always indicate that the bookmaker is licensed and has large payouts. Sometimes, rogue sites set extremely high odds to attract as many players as possible. And even if you win, they won’t let you withdraw your money.
Betting markets is a part of a sportsbook used to determine your bet’s winning outcomes. All sportsbooks have many similar markets, the number of which varies from one site to another. Check out the common markets:
- 1×2. This market is based on results and allows you to choose between three outcomes, such as the first team to win, the second team to win or a draw.
- Double Chance. The same 1×2 mechanic where you choose two outcomes out of three, such as 12, 1x, 2x, and if one of the two outcomes happens, you win the bet. It’s easier to bet with DC in the beginning.
- Totals. The market that diversifies your experience allows you to predict the score-based outcomes. For example, instead of betting on who will win, you can bet on what the score will be. For example, you bet on the over/under, so the bet looks like OV2.5 or UN 1.5.
- Correct Score. One of the hardest markets to predict, where you have to guess the correct score of the game. Usually, the odds of such a market start from 5 if we talk about football and more on other sports.
Most larger sportsbooks offer a better selection of them, including even exclusive markets for some sports. While smaller sportsbooks have a limited number of markets. Some only include the basics like 1×2, DC, and totals. So, choose the sportsbook according to your betting preferences.
Methods of Deposits & Withdrawals
Another key factor when evaluating a bookmaker is the number of deposit and withdrawal methods available. To be aware of all the methods, open the cashier section of the website and look through the available options. Also, take into account the following criteria: speed of transactions, amount of fees, and limits per transaction. Knowing these parameters will help you avoid unexpected rejections of payment requests and slow withdrawals. What methods are usually presented in the modern sportsbooks:
- Debit/credit cards. Using bank cards to deposit and withdraw money is a good option. Many people have bank accounts and debit cards. However, the disadvantages of cards are long withdrawal times and sometimes high fees.
- eWallets. This is one of the most popular methods of making transactions to and from the sportsbook. Various electronic wallets are known for fast verification speed, low fees, and fast transactions. And most of them can be accessed with your phone number. So, you should have no problem setting up an account.
- Bank transfers. When transferring money using bank accounts, you can either go to the bank branch and request a transfer or open a bank account through the website. This method is known for high security and extremely long transactions.
- Payment systems. Some payment methods allow you to connect your bank card to your digital wallet and make the transaction through the payment system’s services. The parameters, such as transaction speed, limits, and fees, depend on the specific payment systems. Always check the requirements of your accounts.
Offers, Deals, and Complimentary Bets
Free bets, various incentives, bonuses, loyalty programs, and birthday gifts are all part of the bookmakers’ promo pages. They are perfect for players who have decided to join the bookie with benefits. But how do they work? Some offers are only given to new bettors who have not yet registered with the bookmaker. Other bonuses are available for active bettors. Let’s examine the most demanding ones.
Users who expect to get some free credits on their first bets can claim the welcome bonus. Most betting sites have a welcome bonus that gives you credits equal to your deposit. For example, if the bonus is 100%, you will get x2 on your deposit. But be aware of the minimum and maximum deposit to receive the offer.
The system is similar to the Match Deposit Bonus but only works on certain days of the week. For example, on Monday, you can get a reload bonus on your deposit. However, the amount of the bonus is usually less than the first deposit bonus.
The main feature of the ACCA bonus is the ability to increase the odds and winnings on your accumulator bets. Normally, you would have to make a certain amount of selections to activate the bonus. The more selections you make, the higher the bonus percentage. However, accumulator bets are extremely difficult to predict and win.
Anyone who starts betting is automatically enrolled in the loyalty program. However, the benefits are given to regular players. In most cases, the loyalty program consists of several levels. And you, as a bettor and member of the bookmaker, can click on the ladder and reach new levels. Each new level brings new rewards. So to get more rewards, you have to bet more.
Superior Mobile Betting Sites and Applications
The trend of porting the sportsbooks on mobile devices started a long time ago. However, since that time, the popularity of mobile betting has grown tremendously. Since then, mobile betting has been developing and introducing new features, better graphics, and smoother navigation. So, make sure to check the presence of the app for your devices (iOS, Android), and download it, if betting on the go sounds attractive to you.
If you’ve heard of modern bookmakers, you probably know about contemporary betting options such as live betting, cash out, live streaming, casino, virtuals, and others. So, to know about all the beauties of bookmaker you wish to play, examine the main features we cover below:
- Cash Out. Betting sites with cash-out options get higher ratings. That’s because the cash-out feature allows us to cancel the bet at a certain point and get some of the money back. For example, if you see that your outcome is less likely to happen, you can request a cash out to save some of your stake. It also works the other way around: if your bet is most likely to happen, you can request a Cash Out and lock in your winnings.
- Virtuals. Did you know that virtual sports betting appeared in the last century? Many of you have no idea about virtual sports and its features. Well, virtual sports is a type of betting based on a computer that simulates real sports games. Basically, you are betting on the game whose outcome is based on RNG. But it has many advantages: your team is always playing, fast betting, complex RNG technologies, and the ability to bet on unique sports.
- Casino. When sports get boring, you can diversify your experience with incredible casino games. Today there are endless games, ranging from fascinating slots from famous gaming studios to table games broadcast live. Live casino is an entirely new division that allows you to sit in front of the screen and feel like you are sitting at the table inside a real land-based casino. Betting sites today offer new games every week, so you won’t have enough time to try them all.
Another factor to consider is the ability to resolve the problem within the bookmaker’s built-in customer support program. When reviewing sites, we pay special attention to customer support services, analyzing the number of available methods, working hours, and response time. Nowadays, customer support includes several methods such as phone number, email, live chat, feedback section, and social media pages. Each method is suitable for different purposes. For example, live chat is suitable for inquiries such as registration tutorials, deposit instructions, bonus requirements, transaction status, and others. Emails are more for complex questions regarding your account information, profile, and complaints. Phone calls are for urgent questions in case your account is locked or hacked.
Online Live Betting & Streaming Alternatives
When it comes to online betting, it’s crucial to examine the features of online betting, including in-play betting on games that are being played live, and explore the possibilities of live streaming. It’s hard to imagine a modern sportsbook without these two elements.
- Live betting. The format of betting on events that are in programs has existed for many years. But today, more and more sports disciplines, leagues, and tournaments are added to the “live” section of the sports book. Live betting is excellent, especially if you watch the game via live streams. But be aware of the rapidly changing odds and different betting options compared to pre-match betting.
- Live Streaming. The beauty of modern bookmakers is the ability to bet and watch the game on the same platform. You don’t have to switch between sites and can do everything on one site. However, even if the bookmaker offers live streaming, it does not mean that all matches will be streamed. The number of live-streamed games depends on the sportsbook’s partnership.
Advance Payout Options
Another parameter of online betting sites today that we pay close attention to is how easy it is to pay out money and which withdrawal methods are the best. Withdrawal options are divided into several categories, such as bank cards, digital wallets, cryptocurrencies, mobile money, and bank transfers. They are all popular and convenient, but they all have different characteristics. Withdrawal requests take longer than deposits. Be sure to check the withdrawal wait times, service fees for your chosen method, and minimum and maximum withdrawal limits.
Website Quality Assessment
When it comes to website betting, you need to look at the quality of the navigation tools, the design, how smooth the animation is, and how well the overall buttons work. In addition, take into account the betting slip and the first impression of the sportsbook. Many modern bookmakers have extensive websites and confusing navigation tools that make the betting experience unpleasant. However, before you make a decision to leave, spend some time on the website. It may become comfortable after some time.
Identifying the Ideal Sports Betting Platform for Your Needs
When it comes to placing bets on the platform of your choice, there are many touch points that can give you the wrong impression. That’s why it’s important to examine the sportsbook and what it has to offer. Below you will find a list of sportsbook parameters to consider, including the most important sportsbook concepts. Then we’ll go over the main steps that will take you from a spectator to a real member of the betting site.
Understanding the Concept of a Sportsbook
The newcomers are looking for the best opportunities to place the bet and win. However, the reason why many players are losing their money is a lack of homework. So, before registering, make sure the sportsbook you choose perfectly suits your needs. For that, open the sportsbook in spectator mode and look through the available betting options. Pay attention to the following concepts:
- Find the right event. Modern sportsbooks offer thousands of monthly events in a variety of sports. Take your time and find the sports and events you prefer. The navigation tool for sorting sports is usually located on the left side of the sportsbook or in the header. You can also toggle between live and upcoming games and view current results and odds.
- Analysis of available types of bets. Types of betting refer to the fact of choosing single or multiple events at once. This is also known as accumulator or parlay and single betting. Single betting is a simple mechanism where you place the bet on only one event. In Accumulator, you can add as many selections to the betslip as you like, thereby increasing the odds and decreasing the probability. The principle is that you lose if one event in the chain of accumulated bets loses.
- Choose the right betting market. Once you have decided which game to play, the hardest part begins. You need to research the betting options available for that match type. This includes the betting markets. In general, the markets determine the outcomes that will bring you profit. So, you choose the market you want, which comes with specific odds, and add the match to your betting slip. The markets are presented in the following forms: 1×2, Double Chance, Handicap, Over/Under, Correct Score, and others. The more markets a sportsbook has, the better for you.
Steps to Initiate a Betting Account
The final step after your in-depth analysis of the sportsbooks is to create an account and become a member. A betting account is a place where you can keep your money, track your results, and avoid any misunderstandings in case of your winnings. Also, players can create accounts only if they are eligible in terms of location, age, and other aspects. So let’s take a look at the registration process, what steps are mandatory, and what are the possible mistakes.
- Open the bookmaker of your choice and evaluate the quality of the site. If it meets your standards, enter your personal information on the registration page.
- Enter your registration details, including your full name, email address, and phone number, create a password, and choose the currency.
- Confirm your registration with the SMS code you receive to your phone number or email address. Once confirmed, you will have access to your account on the platform.
- Make a deposit. Login to your account and go to the payment page. Review the available deposit methods and select the ones you prefer. Enter your payment details, specify the amount, and confirm your deposit request.
- Verify your account. The final step in authorizing your account is verification. You need to prove that you’re a real person who can legally place bets. Send your documents to customer support and let them verify your identity.